We recommend that the first thing you do is review your financial circumstances. An easy way to do this is by using the free budget planner located on the CCPC website. Secondly, if you have insurance such as payment protection insurance you may be able to make a claim, depending on your policy details. Finally, if you do have concerns, you can call us with the details of your finances on 0818 555 837 to discuss the options available to you.
The best way to reduce your spending is by creating a budget and sticking to it. As most bills are paid monthly, it is wise to budget monthly. The easiest way to create a budget is by working out how much you earn a month and how much you spend a month. A few tips to help reduce non essential spending are:
- Set up direct debits. This way you won’t forget to make any regular payments, and you’ll have a clearer picture of what you have left to spend each month.
- Plan your shopping list and stick to it.
- Cut out impulse purchases.
- Review your service providers and try reducing your bills. For example, can you reduce your household bills or car insurance?
- Set aside money for things like insurance payments, holidays or charity donations that come round once in a while.
- Save for the unexpected – for example, car or home repair bills, healthcare and other emergencies.
Once your monthly budget is in place and you start reducing your expenditure, contact your lenders and creditors. There’s a number of ways we can help you tackle your debts.
If your account falls into arrears you will be subject to the following default charges:
A €10 fee will apply each time you miss your monthly repayment.