Chill Money is committed to supporting our customers through the COVID-19 pandemic. Our phone lines remain open, although you may experience higher wait times.
In order to be able to help those who need our assistance the most, below is a reminder of your self-servicing options.
- You can check your balance, transactions and make payments on our automated telephony system when you call in.
- There is a range of day-to-day servicing options available in your online account, along with access to your statements.
We are also working on additional financial support options which we hope to have in place as quickly as possible.
Be alert to suspicious phone calls, texts or emails from anyone claiming to be from us with a message about COVID-19. Trusted organisations will never ask you for your full PIN, password, card number, or ask you to move money from your account.
We are monitoring the COVID-19 crisis closely and will provide further updates as the situation develops. Here are some of our Frequently Asked Questions which may assist.
Frequently Asked Questions
I am in financial difficulty as a result of Covid-19, what can I do?
Chill Money currently offers support to customers in financial difficulty, including appropriate treatment options based on your individual circumstances. We are also working on additional financial support options which we hope to have in place as quickly as possible.
I have goods/services on order from a company who has gone out of business/into liquidation.
If a company advises that they have gone into liquidation, this means they will not be able to provide you with the product or service you have paid for. Under credit card regulations, we can help you claim a refund (called a ‘dispute’). What you need to do is:
- Have confirmation of the goods/service ordered, for example a receipt or invoice. This should include the order number and date of the transaction
- Confirmation from the merchant that they have gone into liquidation and that they cannot supply you with the goods/service (although if that information is in the public domain, this may not be necessary).
- Once you have the above information, call our Customer Service team on 1890 845 845 and they will start your claim.
Concerns about travelling
If you are concerned about proceeding with travel arrangements, please contact the company you have booked with for further guidance. If you are looking for a refund, Chill Money can help in the following circumstances:
- For travel only in a case where the merchant has broken terms and conditions, so for example, they do not provide the flight or accommodation that was booked on your credit card.
- If you decide not to travel, but the flight and accommodation is still available, we cannot dispute this as merchant has not broken the terms and conditions and the service is still available.
- If the airline cancels the flights, or hotel cancels the accommodation and offers a refund within a certain time frame, you should give them at least 15 business days to process the refunds, and in the event they do not, you should contact us to investigate for you.
I have just made an application for a new credit card/personal loan. Will this be processed?
Yes, we are still processing new applications, however our staff are currently prioritising service to existing customers, so there is likely to be a delay with completing your application.
How can I make payment to my account?
You can make payments in our automated telephony system, your online banking account, directly from your bank online, or in your local Post Office.
Thank you for working with us during this difficult time. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.